Center for Drinking Water
To ensure the safety of Rhode Island's public drinking water supplies.
What We Do
- Monitor public drinking water quality;
- Enforce the Safe Drinking Water Act;
- Approve new public water sources and systems;
- Develop effective water system operations and management practices;
- Develop policies and systems to optimize water system sustainability;
- Create public awareness of and participation in support of safe drinking water.
Programs within the Center for Drinking Water